CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Luau's and Moo moo's


Whats a moo moo?

OK so last night was our Ward adult party. We had a Luau theme and I borrowed and wore this dress that belongs to my mother. For those of you who don't know, I believe its called a moo moo. I guess that is because it is rather loose fitting and large. It was very comfortable, I could eat lots of the delicious food that was there without feeling like I had to suck in my belly or undo my pants. That was nice!! I thought looked pretty good on me too. (surprise) It was fun to wear just this once, but I don't think I will be starting a trend. So mom I guess you'll get your dress back! By the way we had roast pig, teriyaki chicken, rice, chop suey, lots of salads, rolls and many yummy desserts. The best part was the wonderful dances that were done by lots of the ward members. Check out Gary wearing a lava lava and doing a Somoan chant/dance with the high priest group. He said he has some bruises on his thighs from slapping them so hard in this dance and his throat was a little sore from yelling.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I would love to see Uncle Gary dancing and yelling on stage! Where was the video camera when you needed it?

Marissa of Ris C Handmade said...

So fun! Was he wearing pants underneath his lava lava? Cheater.

MAMA said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Now we can add "Dancing on a stage in a skirt" to the fascinating list of unusual activities of Gary Slack, also known as Uncle Ben-There-Done-That. By the way, the very comfortable dress you wore is called a muumuu. It is a Hawaiian word and doesn't have anything to do with cows. Unless as an eight-cow wife you wish to call it a muumuumuumuumuumuumuumuu.