CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

FAMILY TRADITIONS

BUTTERMILK PIE
2 unbaked pie shells (smaller size 8" works better)
1 1/2 sticks of butter (melted)
6 eggs
1/2 cup flour
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 Tablespoon vanilla
Beat eggs, add sugar, flour and mix. Then add buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla. Mix well. Pour into pie shells and bake in preheated oven at 325 for about 1 hour.

This time of year we enjoy pies. One of our family favorites is this simple buttermilk pie. It is similar to custard pie but sweeter and buttery. I've not met anyone yet who doesn't like it!!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yum! Hyrum was just telling me that I needed to get this recipe from either you or Mom. Cannot wait to try it out!

Marissa of Ris C Handmade said...

This is my favorite pie. I can't wait to make it next week for Thanksgiving. When I have people try it, I don't tell them the name until after they have tried it because when they hear buttermilk, they automatically think it will be gross.

Ruth said...

I LOVE this pie! I always think of you when my mom would make it at Thanksgiving. :)

MAMA said...

I love your recipes! I suggest you post the chocolate rice crispies soon--it is also great! By the way, am I the only one who has trouble reading the yellow print?