CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

BABIES AND TEXTURES



We were blessed and lucky to have Audrey here for a visit last week. She is now walking and developing quite a little personality! Since her 1st birthday is the end of this month we had a little party for her. I made her a cake and used a light spongy sunshine cake with a light, fluffy whipped cream frosting instead of the heavy, sugary, buttercream frosting. I figured she didn't need all that sugar. Well as you can see by this picture she did not like the frosting at all! Just having it on her fingers freaked her out. I think it might have been the texture or something, as she hadn't even tasted it yet and she started crying. It's funny how we develop our taste of things sometimes by their textures. Her mom Marissa didn't like certain things when she was a little one too. She would not eat anything with citrus or any kind of beans. To this day I don't think she is crazy about any one of those things. Her uncle Brian would eat just about anything but couldn't stand to have any kind of food on his fingers. Her auntie Mandy absolutely detested rice(again I think that was a texture thing). Its always fun to watch little ones try new things!! I hope this means Audrey has a taste for healthy things and not sweets as much!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I cannot believe that she is almost one already! Time flies by way to quickly. I love the cake by the way. You did a great job on it!

Ruth said...

Those are such cut pictures! That is so funny about the textures. It's fun to hear about your other kids as babies. :)

oh, I liked your comment about being my dad's brother on Tiffany's blog. :)